Monday, September 17, 2012

Countdown Continues - 6 Days to O-Day!



 The day of Ordination is coming up fast.

Last week my classmates and I gathered in the chapel of the Archdiocesan Pastoral Center to practice celebrating a Benediction; and to go over the Baptism rite for children.

When it was my turn to put on the cope and humeral veil, I chanted the prayers, and then went up to the altar, took the monstrance and performed the blessing.  As I lifted the empty monstrance up in the blessing movement, I realized that soon, I may be doing this for real.  It was both exhilarating and humbling at the same time.

Saturday, I went to the 4:00 PM Mass at the parish I might be assigned to.  It was a nice celebration, well attended, with good music.  As I looked over the congregation, I saw people, whom I would be called to serve.  Waiting to speak to the pastor, I found myself easily engaging in a conversation with a parishioner.  A good sign I hope.

Sunday, this morning, I sang with my home parish choir for the last time.  As I am gaining a new parish community, I am separating from another.  And there is sadness with that experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment