Sunday, September 2, 2012

Countdown Continues: 21 Days to O-Day!

There is now 21 days left before my classmates and I are ordained as Permanent Deacons for the Archdiocese of Boston.  On August 29th, we gathered, with our wives, at the Archdiocesan Pastoral Center for Evening Prayer.  After which, we Candidates made a Profession of Faith; then with our wives each holding a Book of the Gospels, we took our Oath of Fidelity, with our hands on the Gospels.  This was followed by us signing documents, testifying to the professions and oaths we had just made.

Something stirred within me as I proclaimed my faith, and then made my oath, with my wife beside me.  After so many years of studying, praying, and discerning, the final lap of the journey is here.  With everything else going on in life, I need to stay focused on what lies ahead.  I need to keep my heart open to God's grace, His guidance, His strength.

1 comment: