Saturday, April 3, 2010

Waiting to Get Through Apple or Heavens Gate?


“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him. He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.” (Matt. 25: 31-32)

I went this morning to the Northshore Mall in Peabody, MA, to get my wife a Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee. I wandered over to the Apple store in the mall. It was about 9:20 AM, but there was a large crowd in front of the store, waiting for a chance to buy an IPad. There were two groups, those who made reservations; and those just hoping to get a chance to purchase one. Those that made reservations were being let in first, amidst floating blue balloons and cheering staff. And I now have this image in my head of them waiting to enter through Heaven's gates, after being separated into the sheep and the goats. I wonder which gate people are most anxious to get through today?

No comments:

Post a Comment