Thursday, September 3, 2009

Setting a New Course

Everyone goes through life thinking they know what course they are setting, what road they are taking, and what the ultimate destination will be. Then life comes along, and you find yourself facing a fork in the road, a detour, a storm on the horizon. Now you are not so sure where you are going or how this journey is going to end.

I find myself in uncharted waters, the journey I had mapped out I have to scrape and toss away. It is moments like this when you find out how much you depend on the Lord, for his guidance, for his strength; to get through this unexpected moments. I found the following prayer on Beliefnet.com, and I would like to share it with everyone:

Steer the ship of my life, good Lord, to your quiet harbour, where I can be safe from the storms of sin and conflict. Show me the course I should take. Renew in me the gift of discernment, so that I can always see the right direction in which I should go. And give me the strength and the courage to choose the right course, even when the sea is rough and the waves are high, knowing that through enduring hardship and danger in your name we shall find comfort and peace.
- Basil of Caesarea (c. 329-379)

No comments:

Post a Comment